« Home | Imagine A McCain Supreme Court... » | Triumvirate » | So I tied her ass up. » | Evil Milk » | I'll See Your... » | And you stare at me » | I always thought this would make a damn fine Adven... » | Octavia Neronis » | It was only a matter of time... » | Lazy Flickr Blogging »

ABC

10 Breast Cancer Myths Debunked
If you believe any of them, you've been duped — or worse.
By Marisa Weiss, MD, with Barbara Loecher, Prevention
Could that sexy underwire bra cause breast cancer? What about that frozen yogurt you just ordered? Or hormone therapy? And how would you know if you had the disease until it was too late anyway? Don't some studies show that examining your breasts and getting mammograms are useless?

Amid all the rumors and controversies surrounding breast cancer these days what causes it, how to diagnose and treat it it's hard to know what to think. Or do. One thing we can tell you is that being able to separate fact from fiction could make the difference between life and death.
Hey, Doctor Weiss, what about the one where having an abortion can increase the risk for breast cancer? I was just thinking, you seemed to have left that one out--it happens to be one of the most pervasively false breast cancer myths out there. It is covered on your organization's site...and breasts are a big topic here on my site. E-mail me and let me know.

Labels: , ,

More material to work with, via our mutual friend Dadanoias.

Post a Comment